Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 10: Hotdogs and Pythons

Week 2 of the RIT CIS Internship is complete! Hooray! It's been a pretty cool week. I finally finished the codecedemy Python learning, and began working on some different projects. I also had my birthday and went to Golden Corral and saw a movie. Pretty cool times.

Today was a pretty good end to the week. I supplied the interns with hot dogs for the grill out and they were pretty tasty. I also wrote my own code for Python that Matt still has to test. Writing my own code is really hard. I likened it to taking a week of a foreign language class then moving to the country. Yeah you can kinda get an idea of what's going on, but in general you're really confused and lost. Google helps though. Google definitely helps. And since there is a lot of coding in astronomy, knowing how to do it is important.

Kristina met with Leander and I to go over our Outreach projects. I am really looking forward to trying them out since they involve a bit of arts and crafts which are two things I enjoy.

Next week will be the trip to Mees Observatory, which I am really looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment