Friday, July 10, 2015

2015 Internship Day 5: Coding, Volleyball and Summary!

The first week of my internship is complete! It doesn't feel like it's been that long, but at the same time it feels like it's been forever.

I spent most of today learning how to code on Python using an online coding website called codecademy. (or something along those lines) It's not the most exciting activity ever, but learning it is really important, and can benefit me later on, both during this internship, and after. The website is also really easy to navigate, and I'm slowly understanding how to use code. That being said, it still can be really frustrating, but that's how the learning curve can be.

The highlight of my day was when I went down the lawn of the Carlson building for the grill out style lunch. I had a hot dog, and afterwards played volleyball. At first it was interns vs interns, but them some of the research students challenged us to a game. I'm pretty sure we interns won, but I wasn't really keeping score. But playing volleyball was really fun, and I felt like it brought the interns together a bit more. I look forward to next Friday :D

In summary, this week as been very exciting and new for me. I'm meeting a lot of new people, and taking part in a lot of new experiences. I look forward to next week, and what that will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment